Mario Kart lovers, get your running shoes ready. Target has recreated a real-life version of the video game inside some of its stores.
In advance of Friday’s release of Mario Kart 8 for Nintendo Switch, Target have given more than 650 of its stores across the country a Mario-themed makeover complete with shopping carts that have been made to look like “Mario Karts.”
In Palm Beach County, six stores have received the makeover, including locations in Lake Park/Palm Beach Gardens, Greenacres, Royal Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach and west Boca.
As part of the promotion, the big red bollards (designed to stop stray carts) in front of some Target stores have been covered with Mario and Luigi’s faces.
When you walk through the store’s doors motion sensors fire up flashing lights and play Mario’s catchy theme song. The flooring has also been covered with the black-and-white checkered pattern of a race starting line.
“Experience counts—it’s what keeps guests coming in and coming back to our stores,” Scott Nygaard, Target’s senior vice president, of Merchandising said in a statement posted on the company’s website. “So we’re delivering the fun like only Target can, giving generations of Mario fans a shopping trip they won’t soon forget.”
Here is the complete list of stores in Palm Beach County where you can find the Mario-themed experience:
- Lake Park/Palm Beach Gardens: 500 N Congress Ave Lake Park, FL 33403
- Greenacres: 5900 Lake Worth Rd Greenacres, FL 33463
- Royal Palm Beach: 10155 Okeechobee Blvd West Palm Beach, FL 33411
- Boynton Beach SE: 650 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach, FL 33426
- Delray Beach: 1200 Linton Blvd Delray Beach, FL 33444
- West Boca Raton: 21637 State Road 7 Boca Raton, FL 33428